Transforming personal leadership styles
Who will benefit by attending:
People who seek to become authentic leaders in ways that will develop responsibility, loyalty, commitment and enthusiasm in those they seek to lead – including themselves.
Our tailored approach is founded on our understanding that leaders are not born but require the experience of leading to enable them to become authentic leaders. Our process provides leadership learning opportunities under the guidance of experienced mentors. Based on 15 years of experience in conflict resolution, language and culture training we offer a life-changing experience of emotionally intelligent leadership and its impact on those we are leading.
Outcomes will include:
• Being excited by becoming true leaders and learning to work as part of an effective leadership team
• Learning to give and receive feedback in ways that build rather than break down self-esteem
• Practicing skills as a facilitator: presenting and processing
• Developing insights in transforming personal leadership styles
• Learning to build a sense of community
• Developing self-confidence as a leader
• Learning new ways of interacting that enable participants and those they are leading to participate fully in decision making and therefore to feel committed to the outcomes of those decisions
• Learning how to hold emotionally intelligent, inclusive meetings where beyond-consensus decisions gain the active support of everyone present
• Improving participants’ understanding of communication, team work, and conflict resolution
• Raising awareness and understanding of the impact of improved communication so as to enhance relationships based on respect, trust and collaboration
• Developing participants’ skills in effective communication with different people
• Exploring the process of change and development in individuals and groups and its effect on relationships
• Identifying personally entrenched practices that may be perceived as supporting negative interpersonal behaviours
Carefully balanced teams of 3 or 4 facilitators who have appropriate experience that support the changes required.
This is a process that starts with a series of 3 two-day workshops followed, where required, by a period of apprenticeship that lasts until participants feel they have gained the necessary experience. The apprenticeship work may be undertaken during the week or over weekends.
We shall be pleased to provide a quote.
“When we started I found myself wondering if these people actually had anything to teach me. When we finished I felt inspired by their amazing depth and humility – a truly remarkable experience.”