Working on the dynamics of human relationships in the workplace
Who will benefit by attending:
Organisations and people seeking to create an improved organisational culture that nurtures commitment, creativity and enthusiasm, as the basis of success and excellence.
It is our understanding and experience that an organisation’s ability to optimally fulfil its mission is fundamentally linked to the dynamics of human relationships in the workplace.
The workplace environment of NGOs, CBOs and FBOs often places great emphasis on delivering a professional service to target groups, and being there for others, while neglecting the importance of nurturing and developing people-relationships within these organisations. This impacts negatively on people’s willingness to contribute of their best whilst striving towards self-actualisation. Often this can result in highly stressful workplaces that are challenged by conflictual interpersonal relationships, destructive competitiveness and a lack of trust and respect. These issues often form barriers that prevent people from working together effectively.
Phaphama Initiatives’ CORE workshops address these issues through a practical and experiential methodology that does not rely on lecturing and note-taking, and is great fun.
The experience of creating meaningful relationships with colleagues during the training is very powerful. Participants are provided with a “safe space” in which to work together as a healthy community and positively address the often sensitive issues of their interpersonal challenges and stresses.
A Basic CORE Conflict Transformation workshop covers the following broad areas:
3. Co-operation and team building
4. Conflict transformation
Advanced and Training for Facilitators CORE workshops are also available.
Outcomes will include:
• Improving participants’ understanding of the interrelationship between communication, team work, conflict resolution, stress, and leadership.
• Raising awareness and understanding of the impact of improved communication in the workplace, to enhance participants’ ability to resolve their own conflicts as they arise, thus preventing conflicts from becoming destructive.
• Building relationships based on respect, trust and collaboration.
• Developing participants’ skills in effective communication.
• Building positive team-enhancing practices which contribute to interpersonal co-operation and supportive working relationships.
• Improving participants’ levels of enthusiasm, motivation and productivity.
• Identifying organisationally entrenched practices that may be perceived as supporting negative practices and behaviours.
• Exploring the process of change and development in individuals and groups and its effect on relationships.
Carefully balanced teams of 3 or 4 facilitators with appropriate experience.
16 hours on two consecutive days
Please contact us for a quote.
“In our organisation Phaphama has transformed the way in which we interact with each other with wonderful results. We are now a real community dealing with our challenges and interpersonal relationships in a positive and productive way.”
“The workshop was challenging; things that I did not expect to come out about our organisation did and I think probably needed to.”
“I enjoyed the content and the games and it gave me courage to speak out.”
“An interesting approach to reach the outcomes and a subtle way of getting participants to come to their own conclusions.”
“The facilitators were brilliant, calming, encouraging, excellent.”
“The facilitators are really skilled to deal with conflict.”