Preventing conflicts from becoming destructive
Who will benefit by attending:
Organisations and people seeking to create an improved corporate culture that nurtures commitment, creativity and enthusiasm, as the basis of success and excellence.
It is our understanding and experience that an organisation’s ability to function optimally and creatively in today’s economic climate is fundamentally linked to the dynamics of human relationships in the workplace.
The workplace environment often places great emphasis on professional achievement, while marginalising the development of human skills that are an integral part of people’s willingness to contribute of their best and at the same time strive towards self-actualisation. The result of this is highly stressful workplaces that are challenged by conflictual interpersonal relationships, destructive competitiveness and a lack of trust and respect. These issues often form barriers that prevent people from working together effectively with negative bottom line implications.
Phaphama Initiatives’ CORE workshops address these issues through a practical and experiential methodology that does not rely on lecturing and note-taking, and is great fun.
The experience of creating meaningful relationships with colleagues during the training is very powerful. Participants are provided with a “safe space” in which to work together as a healthy community and positively address the often sensitive issues of their interpersonal challenges and stresses.
A Basic CORE Conflict Transformation workshop covers the following broad areas:
3. Co-operation and team building
4. Conflict transformation
Advanced and Training for Facilitators CORE workshops are also available.
Outcomes will include:
• Improving participants’ understanding of the interrelationship between communication, team work, conflict resolution, stress, and leadership.
• Raising awareness and understanding of the impact of improved communication in the workplace, to enhance participants’ ability to resolve their own conflicts as they arise, thus preventing conflicts from becoming destructive.
• Building relationships based on respect, trust and collaboration.
• Developing participants’ skills in effective communication.
• Building positive team-enhancing practices which contribute to interpersonal co-operation and supportive working relationships.
• Improving participants’ levels of enthusiasm, motivation and productivity.
• Identifying organisationally entrenched practices that may be perceived as supporting negative practices and behaviours.
• Exploring the process of change and development in individuals and groups and its effect on relationships.
Carefully balanced teams of 3 or 4 facilitators with appropriate experience.
16 hours on two consecutive days
Please contact us for a competitive quote.
“It was a good insight into how relationships affect productivity.”
“Useful tools ..... reminded us of different perceptions we have and how we can change the outcome of a situation by first changing ourselves”
“I learnt more about my colleagues and understand them better.”
“Facilitated in the true sense – they never pushed us to take decisions or took them for us. They led us to find solutions for our problems”
“Simple delivery, awesome results.”